Most people have joked about the laws of attraction at some point in their life, especially as it relates to dating and finding a partner. However, the Law of Attraction is so much more than that. When you study and believe in the Law of Attraction, you can begin to manifest the life that you dream of living.
For people in addiction recovery, and even for those who aren’t, understanding the Law of Attraction can be life changing.
How Does the Law of Attraction Work?
First, it’s important to understand what the Law of Attraction is. Essentially, it means that you get out of the world what you put into it. Your mindset and how you choose to view the world is how the world will respond to you.
When you choose a positive, “I can do it” mindset and believe that things will go well, they will. On the flip side of that coin, choosing a pessimistic attitude towards the world only proves you right. Negativity begets negativity.
The Universe responds to whatever energy you’re putting out. If you want to attract beautiful things and a life of abundance, it’s important to have an abundance mindset. You need to believe that you are worthy of abundance and that it will come to you as long as you continue to put that energy out.
The Law of Attraction is not affected by religious belief, nationality, age, gender, or anything else. It just is.
How Do I Work with the Law of Attraction?
This is fairly simple in theory but can be challenging in practice, especially if you’ve been harboring the same negative mindset for a long time.
To begin changing your mindset, you need to do a few things:
- Set an intention – What do you want to get out of the day? Out of your life? Out of the world? Out of a yoga practice? When you set the intention and focus on it, you attract what you want.
- Practice affirmations – Affirmations strengthen your belief in what you’re saying to yourself and how you perceive the world. You can use affirmations such as, “I welcome a life of abundance,” or, “I am mentally strong,” to attract positive energy back to yourself.
- Practice mindfulness – When you are better able to understand your thoughts and look at them objectively, you are better able to begin trading them for something more productive and affirmative. Meditation and other mindfulness practices can help.
The main thing to remember when working within the Law of Attraction is that all of your thoughts eventually manifest themselves in some way. The more positive your thoughts are, the more positive your life will be.
Can the Law of Attraction Help with Addiction Recovery?
People who are seeking recovery often feel a disconnect within themselves, whether that’s with mind, body, soul, or all three. The Law of Attraction is exactly the opposite. It is about connecting with yourself, getting to know yourself, and placing trust in the Universe.
At first, the Law of Attraction may seem scary for people seeking recovery, since it requires vulnerability and getting comfortable with all parts of yourself. As you get to know who you are, though, you can begin to make those changes. You can use positive affirmations to your benefit and begin working towards healing.
Some powerful affirmations for people in the recovery process include:
- I am getting stronger every day
- I choose what I become
- I have the power to change my story
- I am worthy of recovery and happiness
- My addiction is strong, but I am stronger
Paired with other holistic treatments as well as traditional clinical treatments, the Law of Attraction can be a mighty force for recovery. At RAIN Recovery, we believe in healing the whole person, mind, body, and spirit.
To speak with an admissions counselor, give us a call at 818-208-9446 or contact us on the website.